In celebration of the release of my latest book – 22 Accessible Road Trips; Driving Vacations for Wheelers and Slow Walkers I’m having a drawing for a copy of the book and a $25 Visa gift card to start you on your travels.
And since next Thursday – July 19 — is my 55th birthday, I thought that would be a good day for a drawing. It’ kind of like my present to you. Well, you’ve got to win it, but it’s still a present!
Billed as the world’s first inclusive road trip book, 22 Accessible Road Trips features 22 driving routes across the United States with information about wheelchair-accessible sites, lodging options, trails, attractions and restaurants along the way. It’s a great read for anyone who wants to hit the road — disabled or able-bodied — as it captures the diversity of America, with off-the beaten path finds and unique roadside attractions that are doable for able-bodied travelers, stroller-pushing parents, and people who just love road trips.
And well, the $25 Visa gift card is a $25 Visa gift card.
And there are several easy ways to enter. Even better, since I detest rules, you can enter as often as you like.
1. Leave a comment on my Facebook wall telling me where you went on the first vacation that you can remember.
2.. Tweet this blog post. (link on bottom and top of page)
3. Pinterest my book cover – www.22accessibleroadtrips.com
4. Repin this blog post on Pinterest.
5. Link to this blog post in your own blog and send me a link at candy@EmergingHorizons.com
6. If you’re not currently my Facebook friend, then go to my Facebook page and friend me. Then mention this contest in a private message to me.
7. Go to my Facebook page and scroll down to the highlighted posts section (the section that includes posts that run the width of the entire page) and share or comment about the contest post.
8. If you’re not currently a twitter follower of mine, then go to my twitter page, follow me, and then mention this contest in a private message to me.
And even though I said there were no rules, there are two semi-rules.
1. You must have a US mailing address to receive the prize.
2. Entries must be received by 7:12 PT on July 19, 2012. And for those of you who are curious – that’s the exact time of my birth.
The winner will be picked in a random drawing on my birthday, and posted shortly thereafter
So enter now, and tell a friend – or two.
Thanks to everyone who entered. The contest is now closed, and our winner is Paula Mirabella. Paula says she’s really ready to hit the road, and looking forward to trying as many of the road trips as she can.