If a Southwestern US road trip is in your future, please take note that the Navajo Nation tribal parks are currently closed due to COVID-19. The Navajo Nation’s roads also remain closed to visitors and tourists until further notice. This includes the following parks and recreation areas.
- Antelope Canyon – Lake Powell Navajo Tribal Park
- Marble Canyon
- Coal Mine Canyon,
- Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park
- Four Corners Monument
- Little Colorado River Gorge
- Camp Asaayí (Bowl Canyon)
- San Juan River (Navajo side)
- Window Rock Veterans Memorial Park
- Tseyí Diné Heritage Cottonwood Campground – Canyon de Chelly
Additionally, all trails, canyons, historic sites and scenic roads within the Navajo Nation will remain closed. It’s expected that these sites will gradually reopen when public health experts determine it’s safe.